During these difficult times, we want to reassure our clients and the community as a whole that the Interpreters’ Cooperative of Madison is acting responsibly to protect and help the community as we wade through the COVID-19 situation.
We are following the guidance of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the recommendations of the Public Health Department in Madison and Dane county. We will continue monitoring the situation and adapting our services to the recommendations of authorities while trying to meet the needs of our clients and our community at large.
It is the nature of our job to be in close contact with individuals and groups within the community. To protect the community and reassure that we will be able to provide critical translation and interpretation services during these challenging times:
- We maintain all of our translation services with a promise to complete all urgent and emergency communications in as little time as possible, given the rapidly changing events and recommendations.
- We have canceled all non-emergency in-person interpretation services for group meetings, except for those that are essential for the authorities to communicate updates about the current situation.
- We will maintain individual interpretation services, but we suggest doing them over the phone or video conferencing if at all possible. We are comfortable using Zoom, Skype, Google Hangouts, etc.
- If we interpret in person, we will follow all guidelines about social distancing of six feet, to minimize the possibility of exposure. We will avoid using personal audio equipment at this time to avoid possible spreading of the virus. No members and associates will provide in-person services if they show any symptoms or they have been in contact with someone exposed to the virus.
- We understand that access to information is an issue that at its core revolves around concepts of equity and social justice. Making sure everybody is accurately informed is now more critical than ever, for each of us and our interconnected communities.
Do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or our request form at interpreters.coop if you have any questions or special requests. We’re here to assist you.
The Interpreters’ Cooperative of Madison